3150 California St.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
(rendering by Leddy Maytum Stacy Architects)
In early 2019 we hired Leddy Maytum Stacy Architects (LMS) to begin to the design of the new California Street building which will also serve as a visible and welcoming second “front door” to UHS along the transit-rich California Street corridor. This new building, of approximately 49,000 square feet, will be required to go through a full review and entitlement process with the City of San Francisco Planning Department which may take 1-2 years.
In June 2020, we initiated our entitlement process with the San Francisco Planning Department with the filing of a Preliminary Project Application. We look forward to sharing updates as the project progresses.
What’s in the proposed building on California Street
Consistent with the needs identified in the Master Plan, the proposed program includes
- Academic and Community programming – approximately 14,000 SF
- 6 science labs, 4-6 classrooms, U-Lab and faculty and administration offices
- Indoor Commons: approximately 3,000+ SF with flexibility for programming
- Usable terrace: 6,000+ SF
- Athletics – approximately 11,500 SF
- Competition court meets NCAA standard dimensions (50’ x 95’)
- 2 - Cross Courts 50’ x 84’
- Seating for 600+
Questions about this project? Email 3150California@sfuhs.org.